cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Connection Profile - Clear Username

ajrandr9
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone kindly tell me how we can clear the username in the Anyconnect Connection Profile on a users laptop?  Currently it defaults to the last username used but our security group would like that cleared so that the field comes up blank every time.  This feature was available in the old Cisco 3030's but I can't find it in the ASA.

4 Replies 4

rrockey
Level 1
Level 1

By default, AnyConnect will cache the last username entered to make subsequent connections more convenient. In order to disable it, you must modify the RestrictPreferenceCaching in the Local Policy file.

You can refer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac09localpolicy.html#wp1150892

Ronnie

rrockey
Level 1
Level 1

By design, AnyConnect does not cache sensitive information to disk. Enabling this parameter extends this policy to

any type of user information stored in the AnyConnect preferences.

•Credentials—The user name and second user name are not cached.

•Thumbprints—The client and server certificate thumbprints are not cached.

•CredentialsAndThumbprints—Certificate thumbprints and user names are not cached.

•All—No automatic preferences are cached.

•false—All preferences are written to disk (default—behavior consistent with AnyConnect 2.3 and earlier).

By default this value is False, it needs to be set to Credentials

Sample steps:

1- Retrieve a copy of the AnyConnect Local Policy file (AnyConnectLocalPolicy.xml) from a client installation. As an example, in , the file is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (location differs for W7 and other OS's)

2- Change the value below from false to Credentials

Credentials

3- Save the XML file

4- Quit and Relaunch AnyConnect.

eg:

Credentials

Thank you Ronnie.  That's what I was looking for.  I appreciate it.

I wonder if there is a way to have the last username cached PER vpn connection entry ?

For a partner who has multiple customers it is a pain to have to remember and type in the username for each entry every time, especially when I am in so many networks every day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: