cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Customer Experiance Feedback settings verification?

With GDPR and all that I want to disable Customer Experience Feedback.  I have followed the guide with creating a 'Feedback Service Profile' here and disabled Customer Service Feedback Service and disabled Include Crash Report and applied it to the AnyConnect group policy.

I also have an AnyConnect VPN Profile to configure the primary and backup VPN hosts and a few other bits.  I know the AnyConnect VPN profile is working as I can see in the client the profile name and can also see the AnyConnect-Profile.xml file I created in the ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile folder.

How do I verify the CEF profile is active as I can't find the 'disable-feedback.fsp' file that I created on the ASA anywhere on the PC and there doesn't appear to be a notification of this in the AnyConnect client?

The about dialogue says the installed modules are VPN and Customer Experience Feedback.

This is purely for Windows clients and I am using the latest AnyConnect client (4.7.04056) and the latest ASA code (9.12.(2)4).

Andy

2 Replies 2

I think this is a bug...   I have worked out that the file \ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\CustomerExperienceFeedback\CustomerExperience_Feedback.xml gets overwritten by the .fsp file on the ASA (in my case disable-feedback.fsp).  However with 9.12(2)4 and ASDM 7.12(2) the file it creates is a copy of the anyconnect-profile.xml file and this overwrites the local file on the PC.

I created a new Feedback Service Profile on an ASA5505 I have running 9.2(4)33 and ASDM 7.12(1) and then imported this to the ASA5512-X.  Now the \ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\CustomerExperienceFeedback\CustomerExperience_Feedback.xml file looks correct:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Feedback>
 <ServiceDisable>true</ServiceDisable>
 <IncludeCrashReport>false</IncludeCrashReport>
 <CustomerID>YOUR NAME HERE</CustomerID>
</Feedback>

And I can see in the client about dialogue the installed modules now excludes 'Customer Experience Feedback'

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Seems it works as intended on 9.12.(2) no interim, so probably a bug. I'm thinking to deploy the recommended release 9.8.4 and test this too as I wasn't even aware Cisco had deployed this spyware into the Anyconnect Client. 

Cheers,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: