Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect DNS resolution error message

Bel Marsad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We migrated all our staff from old VPN IPsec client to the Anyconnect client (version 3.1.04.. with ASA version 9.0.3) everything’s works well but some time we have users that cannot establish connection du the error message below:

< the vpn connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution>

I didn’t find anything relevant article on the web about this issue and after a lot of analyses by myself I found that the URL mentioned on the profile xml file in the host address section cannot be reached, either because the file cannot be read or the entry wasn’t there anymore (don’t really know why), after going to the web browser and connecting to the VPN Gateway manually it download again the profile from ASA and everything’s works well again..

Am wondering if someone can help me to understand or give me the solution about this error message.

Thanks for your help

5 Replies 5

Michael Muenz
Level 5
Level 5

Do you run a active standby cluster? Perhaps the unit failover and on thr other unit are no prifiles?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

Yes we have active/standby unit but I already checked the profile on both unit and the config is the same.

Thanks

Is there a local virus scanner installed which does URL filtering / DNS blacklists like McAfee?

Perhaps resolution fails because the scanner intercepts the DNS request?

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

Hi,

Nothing have with virus scanner or URL filtering, I already checked that also.

yvesdm000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We encounter this problem with cisco any connect 3.1.01065 on windows 7 computer having Internet explorer 10 or 11 installed. If we revert to IE 9, the problem disapear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: