cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Install Fails: Service 'Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent (VPNagent)' could not be installed

estein
Level 1
Level 1

We're trying to install AnyConnect 3.0.2052 on a Windows 7 32 bit machine, but even with the user as an Admin on the box we're getting this error message when the install wizard attempts to install services:

Service 'Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent (VPNagent)' could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services

We're baffled, since the user is an admin. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

hatbroxhatbrox
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem but on a windows Server 2003 machine. It's quite a nightmare because it uninstall he previous version and fail on the new version. Now I have no VPN access which is causing havoc. I can't refuse to install the update neither, it's automatic right after I put my login/password.

I'm logged in with Administrator account.

Have you been able to solve your problem?

cheers,

Mat.

Edit: software version is 2.5.6005

paytonbaldridge
Level 1
Level 1

I find it hard to fathom that after 4 years not only has a solution not been offered, but not a single cisco rep has bothered to respond to this issue? 

i have this issue right now another 4 years later in 2020 with version 4.8.01090.

how did it continue for you guys?

part of the problem seems to be, that the service was still there. the command

sc delete vpnagent

followed by a restart resulted in the installer producing a different errors:

The VPN client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot. 

Service 'Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Agent' (vpnagent) failed to start. Verifty that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

the service itself seems to be broken now too, under description it says <Failed to Read Description. Error Code 2 >

and when clicking it, it says "The system cannot find the file specified.".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: