cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Installation with Umbrella module does not detect existing Umbrella Roaming Client

N3t W0rK3r
Level 3
Level 3

We have just started piloting the AnyConnect client (v4.6.03049) in our Windows 7/10 environment.  The installations so far have been done via the manual pre-deploy method and we are installing only these modules... VPN, SBL, Umbrella and DART.

The installation has worked very well for us except for one oddity... on workstations where the standalone Umbrella Roaming Client is already installed, we found that in some cases, this app is NOT being detected during the AC installation process and therefor is not being uninstalled (as per AC documentation).

Any ideas why this might be happening?? Not sure where to look for a solution.  They both seem to coexist fine according to my very brief testing, but I decided to manually uninstall the standalone URC client to streamline things.

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions you may have.

Cheers,

John

2 Replies 2

Hi John,

Sorry I don't have much personal experience with the Umbrella client, I'd suggest logging a call with TAC. I did find this FAQ to uninstall the client manually, this may enable you to remove the client before installing AnyConnect.

HTH

Niles Pyelshak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you deploying via ASDM or CLI?  

The pre-deploy MSI from the ASA policy does uninstall the standalone URC if you have chosen that in the Anyconnect module profile.  I'd recommend that you take a look there again just in case it was missed.

Here is the doc stating how to deploy AnyConnect Client with the Security module.

https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/anyconnect-umbrella-roaming-security-client-administrator-guide#section-_if-you-already-have-the-umbrella-roaming-client-deployed-to-your-organization-_

Also, if you need to, email support from your Umbrella Dashboard and someone will help you with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: