cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect license confusion

S891
Level 2
Level 2

We are looking for purchasing Cisco Anyconnect License for our new FTD 4110 devices in Active Standby mode. Our only requirement is Anyconnect VPN.

I am confused with the Anyconnect licenses. There is huge price difference between the first and second option (below). The First option is Anyconnect Plus 3-yrs term and the second option is Anyconnect VPN-Only pepetual. I may be missing something as this price difference cannot be real. 

Option #1

L-AC-PLS-3Y-S2     Cisco AnyConnect Plus – 3-Year License   (100-249 users)   List Price  $12

Option #2

L-AC-VPNO-100=    Cisco AnyConnect VPN Only – Perpetual License/100 simultaneous connections   List Price  $13,995

Not sure why there is huge difference in price. May be I am getting it wrong? 

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Option #1

L-AC-PLS-3Y-S2     Cisco AnyConnect Plus – 3-Year License   (100-249 users)   List Price  $12

This is a 3 year subscription based license for 100 authorized VPN users across the network. This number can be shared among multiple devices.

Option #2

L-AC-VPNO-100=    Cisco AnyConnect VPN Only – Perpetual License/100 simultaneous connections   List Price  $13,995

This is a perpetual license for 100 VPN users to be used on a single device only. 

I always recommend my customers towards the Plus or Apex subscription licenses. My guess is that Cisco would customers to go the subscription route, hence the big price difference if you want to buy perpetual licenses.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc5

Thank you for your reply! It makes me feel that option #1 subscription license is the way to go. 

I want to clarify the number of users supported. The Anyconnect Plus license L-AC-PLS-3Y-S2 is for 100 - 249 users. 

Does it mean that these are 100 unique users? 

I don't think this license is  for concurrent users. 

If a user logins with device A multiple times, it still count as one, right?

hanks

Thank you for your reply! It makes me feel that option #1 subscription license is the way to go. 

I want to clarify the number of users supported. The Anyconnect Plus license L-AC-PLS-3Y-S2 is for 100 - 249 users. 

Does it mean that these are 100 unique users? 

I don't think this license is  for concurrent users. 

If a user logins with device A multiple times, it still count as one, right?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: