Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect licensing for SBS

mau792
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm kind of new to Cisco licensing, we're a small business, as per now I'm using the standard license delivered with my ASA 5506, which includes 2 Anyconnect users, but PC-based only.

I'd like to extend it to mobile solution, 2 users will be enough right now. I guess the best solution is to go with an Anyconnect Plus for 25 users, am I missing something? Is a support contract needed on top of it? Prices on the web are totally different on this.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

the two included licenses are kind of useless. They allow you two connections, but you can not download the AnyConnect client. With the smallest AnyConnect package (which is PLUS for 25 Users) you can download the client. Be aware that it is a subscription and a term of 5 years gives you the best value for your money. If you later replace the ASA with a different model, you still can use the license as it is not tied to the device.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Would it be possible to purchase only 2 license? I've seen  online they are selling license per license, around 10$ per user. Buy 25 to use 2 is annoying...

Thank you

Here is the AnyConnect Ordering guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

25 users is the minimum to buy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: