cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Mobile License Installation

CNM88
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to clarify how exactly a Cisco AnyConnect Mobile license is applied to an ASA. Does it come as a PAK and then a license key is created? Is there a separate command to enter specifically for mobile?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The mobile license was delivered as a PAK that was converted to a license-key.

But today, you wouldn't buy the mobile-license any more, instead you buy AnyConnect 4 Plus or APEX  which includes the mobile feature.

If you already have Essentials or premium, then you can get migration-licenses until the end of the year.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

The mobile license was delivered as a PAK that was converted to a license-key.

But today, you wouldn't buy the mobile-license any more, instead you buy AnyConnect 4 Plus or APEX  which includes the mobile feature.

If you already have Essentials or premium, then you can get migration-licenses until the end of the year.

Thank you, Karsten. I wasn't able to find any documentation that specifically stated that it came as a PAK. In this case, this person already has the license, but it was never installed. We may need to get the PAK re-issued. 

Hi Clayton,

Are you able to resolve this because I am also facing the same issue and I am not aware how to generate the PAK for plus and apex license from premium license.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi Pranav,

I was able to get the AnyConnect Mobile PAK's reissued by contacting licensing@cisco.com. Provide them your sales order # and any other pertinent information you have.

I'm not clear on your issue though. You don't generate a PAK for Plus/Apex FROM a premium license. Plus & Apex are the new licensing options for AnyConnect. Premium & Essentials are the old licenses that are End of Sale. If you are purchasing a new set of licenses, you can only purchase Plus or Apex which includes mobile. There is no longer a separate license for AnyConnect mobile. Once you have the PAK, you can generate the license file on www.cisco.com/go/license. Upload that license file to your firewall. Does that answer your question?

The confusion that I was having was that the old AnyConnect Mobile license is not a per-user license, but rather an "On/Off" license. In other words, only one license is needed per firewall.

Hi Karstern and Clayton,

thanks for your response..  Is anyconnect apex license support for mobile device ?

"Mobile" is always enabled with the new AC4-licenses. Both with Plus or APEX.

Thanks Karsten Iwen for update .. Means now I need to purchases Apex Migration license against Anyconnect Premium License..

As Clayton mentioned, there is nothing to generate. But if you already have Premium licenses, you are entitled to migrate to AnyConnect APEX. Consult your preferred Cisco Partner and order the following SKUs (both of them):

L-AC-APX-M-3YR-G

AC-APXM-3YR-XXX-S

where XXX is 25/50/100/250/500/1K ...

XXX is the amount of users that are using the AnyConnect Client or the VPN at all. It's not the concurrent users but the "living hearts" of your userbase. And it's not relevant how many premium licenses you have at the moment.

Karsten, one quick clarification. The migration licenses are actually only available if you purchased Premium or Essentials prior to March 2nd of 2015. In addition, the migration licenses will be End of Sale on December 31st. 2015. If you purchased either Essentials or Premium after March 1st, 2015 your only option is to purchase the new AnyConnect 4.X licenses (Apex or Plus)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/eos-eol-notice-C51-735391.html

Yes, that's how it works. If Essentials or Premium was purchased after March, then it was the "fault" of the customer as AC4 was already available.