Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Mobility Client - Custom URL Scheme

paolosaurus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are building an iOS app and would like our app's users to be able to open the Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client from within our app. 

Some questions:

a) Is there any documentation describing how to programmatically connect to the AnyConnect VPN from my app, if it is possible at all?

b) is it possible to open the Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client from our app - if Cisco have implemented a "Custom URL scheme" or CFBundleURLScheme for the app, allowing other apps to open it.

thanks

p

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shinpei Kono
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, AnyConnect for Apple iOS can respond to external URI requests from other apps if external control is set to enabled/prompted on AnyConnect app. Supported URI schemes are elaborated in the below.

Automate AnyConnect Actions Using the URI Handler
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect46/administration/guide/Cisco_AnyConnect_Mobile_Administrator_Guide_4-6/mobile-anyconnect-mobile-devices.html#task_1C9D95E2CD50493093F7915A243D77B0

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Shinpei Kono
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, AnyConnect for Apple iOS can respond to external URI requests from other apps if external control is set to enabled/prompted on AnyConnect app. Supported URI schemes are elaborated in the below.

Automate AnyConnect Actions Using the URI Handler
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect46/administration/guide/Cisco_AnyConnect_Mobile_Administrator_Guide_4-6/mobile-anyconnect-mobile-devices.html#task_1C9D95E2CD50493093F7915A243D77B0

Hi,

Thanks for your information, it helps!

I still have one question, how can I get the connect status (Connected or Disconnected) of Anyconnect? Any URL Schemes for this?  I can not find it from the link you gave. I have anyconnect on my iphone, and I want to create a shortcuts to toggle connect status. I need to get current connect status before doing the action ”connect” or ”disconnect”. Thanks.

Hi,

AFAIK there's no URI option to do that in AnyConnect. Status icon [VPN] appears in the status bar on your iPhone, which will help you see that you`re connected to a network using VPN (AnyConnect as well) or not..

Hi Shinpei,

Thanks for your reply.

If there was a URI, which can switch VPN status, that would be perfect.

I mean, it’something like anyconnect://switch(or toggle) that can connect to vpn if it’s disconnected currently, and disconnect if it’s connected now.

Thanks a lot 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: