cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect RedHat client upgrade to 4.2.02075 failed.

taimor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I recently installed RHEL 7.5 on my laptop and tried to connect via our VPN.

I end up with "AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.2.02075 because the operation has timed out"

(Linux mylap-top 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 21 09:07:21 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

As soon as I put my credential I pass the host scan and get an update notice. So I sit down and let it auto-upgrade the AnyConnect mobile client to 4.2.02075 but it never succeeds.

Even worse: it (vpndownloader) takes the CPU to 100% for 5 minutes and it deletes the old installation leaving me without anyconnect and without vpnagentd.service in my /etc/systemd/system.

I'm sudoer but was not required for my password during the upgrade process

any solution ?

any additional log file required ?

systemd log attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok. contacted IT who gave me a link to anyconnect-linux64-4.5.05030-core-vpn-webdeploy binary.

Its the Windows 2000 way to install packages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried a manual upgrade. Uninstall current version and install the new version.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

funny that you ask.

Apparently Cisco does not distribute the upgrade via standard RPM package. It is missing from the RHEL repositories (unless you can provide me with a Cisco Ubuntu/RedHat repo URL + PGP keys)

With RedHat usually ```yum install/update``` will upgrade a system app.

However, with Cisco AnyConnect mobile client: you can't find the binaries anywhere. They are locked inside Cisco Download page (not sure why really) with a password.

You must be a subscribed Cisco user to download the tar.gz file (and I don't know who in our IT has the password to download from Cisco).

Anyhow, I managed to use internal Gnome SAS VPN client to connect to our other VPN servers. so much simpler. just download a certificate file and run . Cisco client install process is just a pain in the ...

Hi,

You could get the IT guys(via your Service Desk) to provide the Cisco client for you and then install the tar.gz file. However, the Cisco client may have issues installing if you are running newer kernels.

I recommend you  have a look at Openconnect which normally comes native in most Linux version

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

ok. contacted IT who gave me a link to anyconnect-linux64-4.5.05030-core-vpn-webdeploy binary.

Its the Windows 2000 way to install packages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: