cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect still using old ip address

Mike Pennycook
Level 1
Level 1

I had to change the public ip address of our VPN anyconnect destination and updated DNS.  My Anyconnect client is still attempting to use the old ip address when I put the FQDN in the connection field.  

I have tried to uninstall and installed a fresh anyconnect program, but still happens.

Is there any local files which would be holding the old public ip address.

I have checked the host file.  FYI this is Windows 10.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,
There are 2 places that I am aware of to check, the local profile of the logged in user and under ProgramData.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml
or
C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\profilename.xml

HTH

This could also be cached in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences_global.xml depending on how the original connections were made to the ASA.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your ASA for a client profile. By default it is called profile.xml. It has the address and/or FQDN of your ASA hard coded in there. Even if you delete the file from your clients (in the location @Rob Ingram mentioned) it will get rebuilt upon their next connection.