Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect vpn client and Trend Officescan xg agent

timrichards1
Level 1
Level 1

hello there

hoping you can help. We run a mix of win 7 & 10 ENT 64bit computers and use the anyconnect-win-4.1.08005 vpn client. Recently we moved from Symantec endpoint protection to Trend OfficeScan XG but have found that any computer that has Trend installed willnot let anyconnect-win-4.1.08005 install. If we remove the Trend agent the vpn install works fine.

We have logged a call with Trend but were just wondering if anyone else had the same issue?

Cheers

9 Replies 9

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tim,

We are using AnyConnect 3.1 and 4.1 (don't ask...) on Windows 10 64bit with TrendMicro OfficeScan 12.0.1556 and we have no such issue.

If I was you I would go to the OfficeScan Manager and under Agents - Agent Management - Scan Settings - Real-time Scan Settings add exclusions for: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnui.exe, or which ever the install path of the executable of AnyConnect is.

Then make sure that the OfficeScan client has updated with the new policy and give it a try.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------

Hi There

Thanks for your reply. The issue isnt the client running, once its installed it works fine. The issue is getting the client installed in the first place. We have found a work around by unloading the trend av client, doing the install, and re running the client

rhoisington3
Level 1
Level 1

There are many services that OfficeScan XG can run that can interrupt system services or updates.  I would recommend that you try disabling some of the OfficeScan XG services like "Behavior Monitoring" or "Predictive Machine Learning".  I have experienced a similar incident with the Cisco NAC product and "Behavior Monitoring" enabled.  It would not let the systems services start until I disabled "Behavior Monitoring".

Thanks for that. We already put the exceptions in and that actual VPN client works fine once its installed even with OfficeScan installed, it's the first time installation or update of old client that fails.

Hey Tim,

The exceptions was bound to make it work, clad to see that you have no issues now, but if it is something that your policy will not allow, then I would check the settings that @rhoisington3 proposed.

:-)

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------

I had the same issue installing VPN Client  Version 5.0.07. Removing the Protect Office Scan agent registry keys from Privileges and Others settings fixed the issue. Not sure if this is best practice.

Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise

Office scan XG SP 1 build 5338

geeyc5113
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is causing by TrendMicro enabled the self protection in the registry.  If you disable the trend micro self protection key, you should be able to install the anyconnect without removing the trend micro in windows 10 build 1709 & 1803.  Now trend micro is asking why cisco anyconnect trying to disable the trend micro self protection key, and cisco said the issue is come from microsoft.  So I dont really know what was actually happen.  But if you would like to install anyconnect without removing the trend micro agent, you need to disable the self protection key in Trend micro console.

MaxGu82455101
Level 1
Level 1

Shakti Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You might be interested in looking at the below bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb59209/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks

Shakti