Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN client cannot login to ASA unless i uncheck Proxy in IE

dino55088
Level 1
Level 1

h,

I have a fleet of Windows 7 clients that cannot login to ASA using AnyConnect 3.1.09013

This same configuration  works one the  Windows 10 machines

The suspect WIn7 PCs, When I uncheck then IE setting "Use automatic configuration script" (which is pointing to our internal proxy 192.168.1.60 wpad.dat file),  it works ie When you launch AnyConnect you get prompted for login by VPN headend ASA

When I do a sniffer trace when auto config script in proxy setting is ticked, I see AnyConnect client trying to contact the 192.168.1.60 internal proxy address over the public internet which obviously fails (instead of going direct to public IP of VPN headend ASA configured on AnyConnect client.

How can I override this behaviour without getting user to uncheck the "Use automatic configuration script" when they want to use AnyConnect outside the office???  Not sure why this is happening especially if machine can browse web and only AnyConnect client is not connecting

1 Reply 1

Hello

Did you find a solution different than going pc by pc disabling the proxy settings?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: