cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Login Failed Randomly

Qing Yu
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating the Cisco IPsec VPN client to Cisco Anyconnect (SSL VPN) from ASA5510 to ASA 5525x, the new solution is working fine with no trouble in relation to connectivity. The Anyconnect VPN users are able to connect the corporate network.However, sometimes when the user try to connect after entering the credentials it keeps saying Login failed. What could be reason for that ? Even though the user's credentials is appropriate and it is not locked out (the user is able to login with the old Cisco IPsec VPN client after the Cisco Anyconnect VPN is failed).  

The environments are 

• The Anyconnect VPN software we are using is Version 3.1.04066
  • The user's pc is Windows 7
  • The ASA 5525x is running ASA V9.1(4)5
  • Both ASAs use the same radius server for authentication

Please advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4
Have you tried to review thrle server logs to see if the request was received from the failed attempt? You may also try to increase the timeout value of the connection to AAA server. I experienced something like that before and it was because of the timeout value which I configured with a very low value. It didn't give the AAA server enough time to return the auth message.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4
Have you tried to review thrle server logs to see if the request was received from the failed attempt? You may also try to increase the timeout value of the connection to AAA server. I experienced something like that before and it was because of the timeout value which I configured with a very low value. It didn't give the AAA server enough time to return the auth message.