cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Profile not getting installed with msi

N3t W0rK3r
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to install AC core-vpn form the msi using this cli command taken from the admin guide:

msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.6.02074-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive

I have also prepped a vpn profile xml file with the local editor and saved it into the Profile\vpn folder of the installation folder hierarchy.

So when I run the above msiexec command, the AC client gets installed fine, but when I launch it, I do not see the server listed in the dropdown (that should be read from the xml file).  In fact, looking at the installed folder(s), I don't see the xml file there at all.

What have I done wrong here?

Even when I try manually copying the xml file to the installed folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\

or to a new folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profiles\

the AC client does not seem to find the xml file.

Please help.

Thanks.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,
The XML file should be located in the ProgramData folder:- "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile". Restart the AnyConnect services and it should then detect the profile.

I'd have to double check my lab/notes regarding your issue with installation

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi John,
The XML file should be located in the ProgramData folder:- "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile". Restart the AnyConnect services and it should then detect the profile.

I'd have to double check my lab/notes regarding your issue with installation

Thanks Rahul.

I figured it out... the problem was I was installing the AC client from a mapped network drive instead of from the local HD.  Once I copied the entire installation folder (with profile) to the local computer and then ran the installation, the profile got copied properly to the Program Data folder as you provided.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: