cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Windows 4.5.01044 Won't Install

Soundman32
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to (re-)install AnyConnect after a network failure and it always fails at the last step, with the error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

After a lot of digging, I've found these events in the event viewer:

Function: CNetEnvironment::testNetwork
File: NetEnvironment.cpp
Line: 783
Invoked Function: CNetEnvironment::IsSGAccessible
Return Code: -28966899 (0xFE46000D)
Description: NETENVIRONMENT_ERROR_PROBE_INCOMPLETE:Network Probe could not contact target

Function: CNetEnvironment::logProbeFailure
Line: 1437
Invoked Function: CHttpProbeAsync::SendProbe
Return Code: -27066354 (0xFE63000E)
Description: HTTP_PROBE_ASYNC_ERROR_CANNOT_CONNECT
HTTP (host: 72.163.1.80)

Function: CNetEnvironment::TestAccessToSG
Line: 1390
Invoked Function: CNetEnvironment::analyzeHttpResponse
Return Code: -28966899 (0xFE46000D)
Description: NETENVIRONMENT_ERROR_PROBE_INCOMPLETE:Network Probe could not contact target

• I have already tried completely removing every trace of AnyConnect from the registry before reinstalling.  
  • Internet access works perfectly (both http & https)
  • This is the version specified by the customer, so I can't try a different one.
  • I have previously used AnyConnect with this customer for over a year (and others in my department are still able to use it), so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my PC.

• Potentially there was a conflict with Fiddler4 certs, but they have now been removed.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Soundman32
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the installer tries to communicate with 72.163.1.80, which is offline (or at least, I can't ping it).

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using any addtional modules in AnyConnect, or did you have any addtional installed previously?  Check the SetupAPI logs in c:\Windows\INF for an Error 1460.  Without logs we can't say.

I've tried this and it doesn't work. I have no files older than 2018 in Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, and the bottom part assumes you have Cisco installed already. I can't connect to the same IP address, even though enroll.cisco.com is resolving to 72.163.1.80. I have no firewall restriction on port 80 or port 443.