Since this is the f o o t b a l l season, I call Illegal motion by the Help Desk. There is no problem and 3.1 apparently does work with Win 8. The error I received this morning was that the VPN client wont start from a remote desktop session. When I got that, I responded "Yea, that's right." I apologize for putting the keyboard in gear before all the details had been loaded up. So I'm back to the one user out of many that can't get AnyConnect to work on his Win 7 laptop but won't bring the machine in to have it re-imaged or leave it with me to do detailed debugging. Ya'll have a great day and thanks.
We recommend 3.1MR1 or 3.0MR10. If it is failing with a Host Scan error, this is because your head-end Host Scan is out of date. If it's failing with a different error, please email us a DART (Diagnostics bundle) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to investigate for you.
3.0MR10 and 3.1MR1 are both available for download from www.cisco.com/go/anyconnect by clicking Software Download. To access the SW, you must have Cisco support (SMARTnet). Your IT department should have access to the software for you.
Could you please use the 3.0.xxxxx and 3.1.xxxxx numbering system instead of MRxx? At least I as a customer only see the long version numbering on the download portal and have nowhere a reference to which version you are actually referencing.
Can you please send me the link too? I use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 3.0.2052 and it worked fine on Windows 7 32 bit. I just updated to Windows 8 ENT 32 bit. Now it does not work. Hostscan error occurs always when to connect.
Your admin will need to correct this by updating the Host Scan version on the head-end. At the same time, they should update the head-end version 3.1MR1 (3.1MR2 should be out soon too, as well as an updated 3.0MR).
Had the same issue with version 3.0.08057 and resolved it by adding the following lines to the file
C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\
AnyConnectLocalPolicy.XML - add it at the bottom, right above the last line "
Still checking why that solved it, but thought it is worth the share...
Try version 3.1.02026
For me it worked.
I was using old client. Then tried this solution proposed earlier.
That didn't help, so I downloaded latest build and it worked. Mind you that I didn't unistall old client and didn't check if the registry key has been modified by new client.