Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500 series as SSL VPN client

Hello.

Can ASA 5510(or other products) be used as SSL VPN client for site-to-site VPN?

Version 8.4.2, asdm 6.4.9

On other end have authentication by certificate and authorization by LDAP credentials

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No, SSL on the ASA is only for Remote-Access. For Site-to-Site you have to use IPSec.

View solution in original post

There are parameters in a group-policy that also belong to site-to-site VPNs (vpn-filter for example). But that can't change the transport to SSL.

How did you think may be it will in new IOS version?

perhaps, perhaps not ... I don't know it that is on the roadmap.

I wouldn't wait for it. IPSec is well known and rock solid for site-2-site. So just go for that.

If you was asking for this kind of setup because one of your devices only has a dynamic IP, that will also work with IPSec.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

No, SSL on the ASA is only for Remote-Access. For Site-to-Site you have to use IPSec.

Because I can use SSL VPN tunneling policy for site-to-site or it's won't work?

How about other products?

There are parameters in a group-policy that also belong to site-to-site VPNs (vpn-filter for example). But that can't change the transport to SSL.

perhaps, perhaps not ... I don't know it that is on the roadmap.

I wouldn't wait for it. IPSec is well known and rock solid for site-2-site. So just go for that.

If you was asking for this kind of setup because one of your devices only has a dynamic IP, that will also work with IPSec.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: