cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 WebVPN - It has taken a while for SSL VPN Relay to load. You need to verify Java is enabled in your browser

ASA 5505

ASA Version 9.0.(2)

Suddently on the webvpn Interface when i click on my web bookmarks (and java launches in browser) i get this fail in Chrome and FF 'It has take a while for SSL VPN Relay til load. You need to verify Java is enabled in your browser' and nothing happens...

Java IS enabled and running. Tried this in both 7.45 and 7.51

No problem in IE 11 and java 7.45 and 7.51

I've googled alot but have not been able to find any suggetions

Hope you have a solution

Best Regards.

7 Replies 7

Kurt Axline
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any fix to this?  I have this on a number of desktops now.

I've been en dialog with cisco TAC for over two weeks now. Still now solution. The support case has just been dispatched to another tecnical how has just mailed me. So here we go again Cisco TAC ...... :-(

Any resolution on this?  Firefox/Chrome my cifs work but smart tunnel RDP doesn't, and in IE my shares don't work but RDP smart tunnel does....

Cisco, if you're not going to do something good, just don't do it.  The SSL VPN is a hack job.

mickyq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

DId you find a fix for this? I have the same issue

thanks

My solution is to only use IE, doesn't work well with other browsers.  With the new IE, in some cases I have to manually start the smart tunnel once logged in.

Thanks for the response. As you say, I can get the app working with IE no problem but I need chrome. 

cheers

Hi

I just thought I'd update you where we got to.

The only way we can get anything working in chrome is to put chrome.exe in smart tunnel applications then open the SSL VPN with IE. We can then run the application we want with chrome through the tunnel created by IE.

Not good :-(

Cheers