Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.x ipsec vpn site-to-site with non-static ip address

c.valenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to create a Ipsec VPN site to site between an ASA 8.x and a generic router with a non-static IP address. I saw a document about creating a similar infrasturcture between two PIX (one with static IP and one with Dynamic IP) with 7.x version. Can someone help me?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cristiano,

Hope this link helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807ea936.shtml

Basically the ASA has a static IP and the remote device has a dynamic IP.

You configure a normal site-to-site tunnel on the remote end, but on the ASA side configure a dynamic tunnel to accept the connection from the remote device.

This scenario will work, the only restriction is the tunnel will only be able to initiate from the remote end device (in the example above an IOS router).

Federico.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Please rate the threat and mark it as answered (if you find it helpful).

Thank you,

Federico.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Cristiano,

Hope this link helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807ea936.shtml

Basically the ASA has a static IP and the remote device has a dynamic IP.

You configure a normal site-to-site tunnel on the remote end, but on the ASA side configure a dynamic tunnel to accept the connection from the remote device.

This scenario will work, the only restriction is the tunnel will only be able to initiate from the remote end device (in the example above an IOS router).

Federico.

Thanks for suggestion. I'll try it.

Now it's working. Thanks

Hi,

Please rate the threat and mark it as answered (if you find it helpful).

Thank you,

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: