Helpful
Replies

ASA and vpn load balancing

eric.loiseau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring 2 ASA5540 for internet trafic inside to outside ,

outside to inside (web,smtp) but also vpn load balancing for client to site , site to site and webvpn.

In the doc I can configure them for internet trafic as Active/Standby or Active/active.

for vpn : I can use vpn load balancing

But no information if I want to use the active/passif and vpn load balancing together.

Any thoughts on which way to go? what is the best thing to do ?

Regards

2 Replies 2

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

I think it is better to use Active/Active for VPN load balancing because in such a config both of the devices can share the load among themselves as compared to Active/standby.

Hi,

I think that you cannot use an Active/Active configuration for VPN connections as it is stated on Cisco's documentation: "Note: VPN failover is not supported on units that run in multiple context mode as VPN is not supported in multiple context. VPN failover is available only for Active/Standby Failover configurations in single context configurations" available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080834058.shtml

Hope it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: