Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA clientless SSL VPN java plugin over a proxy server

schwarz-michael
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

at ASA 5505 I have configured a clientless SSL VPN bookmark for VNC an RDP Java plugin connection. The bookmark works well with a direkt internet line to the ASA SSL Gateway, if I tried to establish a connection with the bookmark over a lokal proxy server, the system hangs with the message connecting to IP xx.xx.xx.xx

The same error appears if I configure a proxy server at the java settings at the client system.

Is there any solution to establish a java plugin like VNC or RDP by using a lokal proxy server

Thank you

2 Replies 2

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

You should first make sure that the ASA can resolve the websites through DNS. Try to ping the websites by name. If the ASA cannot resolve the name, the link is grayed out. If the DNS servers are internal to your network, configure the DNS domain-lookup private interface.

Currently the ASA does not port forwarding via a proxy-server. So using the plugins or using smart-tunnels or using citrix application via clientless-vpn is not supported via proxy server.

Cisco does not thingk about a bug regarding this and thinks, this is an enhancement request:CSCtb61501

I already opend some cases regarding this, but no success until now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: