cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA statefull failover & EIGRP

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I read some document on SRND (Enterprise Branch Security Design Guide), and some things don't like me.

Is it a good idea to run EIGRP (distribute to ASA only default route) between main routers (two 2821) and two ASA (in failover A/S mode)? I don't know, khow EIGRP works between ASA an failover mode.

I don't like classic scheme with HSRP between ASA and routers, because it difficults with testing. Have anybody implement something with ASA EIGRP?

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

ASA Compatible with EIGRP Version 3-EIGRP support was added in Version 8.0(2). However, due to a packet format change, Version 8.0(3) and later are not compatible with Version 8.0(2). Therefore, if you upgrade an adaptive security appliance to Version 8.0(3) or later, and it is peering with another adaptive security appliance running Version 8.0(2), then the peer must also be upgraded, or EIGRP will not operate correctly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: