Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN connection

Neil key
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please be nice, I am after some help with connecting my ASA to a VPN service from a site called total VPN. My aim is to route all traffic (inside) to my outside interface over the tunnel to the VPN server . I have my ASA connected to the BT hub and it dials out to get my wan ip and all my clients can get on the internet, From here I am a bit stuck. Any pointers would be great. 

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would contact the VPN provider and get some help from them.  After all, it is there business.

I did contact them and the said use open VPN. I can not find any documentation that ASA support this.

you need help in configuring your ASA with VPN configuration ?

Yes I do, it's more of a point to point ipsec tunnel I think. I want to point all my traffic over the tunnel to a VPN provider ( pure VPN )

Hi Neil,

Here is a doc for setting up the site to site tunnel on the ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/119141-configure-asa-00.html

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

OpenVPN is a proprietary SSL VPN solution.  You wont be able to build a site to site VPN with that using a Cisco ASA.

I know openVPN is not supported as I can not find any info on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: