Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN to use switch VLAN

xcitelogic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue where my vpn clients are unable to access certain vlans in my network.

I have configured an ASA 5520 with VPN access using the wizard and using the ASA as a dhcp server for VPN clients. I find that this allows the clients to access server resources such as the Exchange and Domain Controller but I find that these vpn clients are unable to ping each other as well as certain vlans that I have.

Is there a way to configure the ASA to use a particular vlan that is already configured on the core switches?

If I create a vlan interface and set the IP of it to 10.50.x.x then the vpn clients are suddenly unable to connect to any network resources...

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you have posted twice

The network that you can't get to need to know how to route back to the  VPN Client IP Subnet, ie: it needs to be able to route back towards the  ASA. Also, if you configure split tunnel, makes sure that those subnets  that you can't access are listed in the split tunnel access-list.  Lastly, you would also need to have NAT exemption configured on the ASA  for those subnets, and have routes on the ASA for those subnets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: