cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505-UL and SSL Premium Licenses

Chris Capasso
Level 4
Level 4

We are looking at purchasing the ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9.  Based on the datasheet, it supports a maximum of 25 Anyconnect clients/licenses.  We only need 20 licenses, and as such I was thinking of purchasing (2) ASA5500-SSL-10= licenses.  However, are we allowed to load 2 on there, giving us only 20, or do we have to purchase the 25 pack instead?

1 Reply 1

laramire2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chris,

To be honest I do not know if that's posible since every license has its own PAK (Product Activation Key) and activation key associated with the ASA serial number. Meaning, that they would need to create the same PAK and activation key for both licenses in order to merge them into one activation key. I think that's why Cisco has already established the amount of licenses for every package. Also, I do not know if will be cheaper to buy two 10 package or one 25 package. Those are things to consider, as well some extra licenses in case you need to add more users.

Cisco AnyConnect Premium or Essentials:

(P/N: (L-ASA-SSL-***=) 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10,000

It would not hurt to ask any Cisco Sales Engineer if there is any possibility. But I really doubt it.

I hope this helps,

Luis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: