Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask About Cisco Product

barioverdinanto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

My Name is Rio and i come from Indonesia. I am IT on this company. I am still a beginner in network connection. At the company where I work, 60% of our employees are field workers. and all the field workers are required to use a vpn connection. The device that they use to connect to the vpn is a GSM USB MODEM or ANDROID PHONE. My problem is, when our employees do not have a data package on the SIM card, they can not connect to vpn. ( Just knowledge, At my country, GSM USB Modem and Android Phone is the most common devices who used to connect to the internet. )

I've been trying to configure vpn server. My VPN Server OS is Windows Server 2008, but if my employees internet connection is lost , the VPN participate disconnected, and when I tried browsing, FUP from my ISP joined truncated. Some articles I've learned, some say this can occur with a callback method. But I still have not understood what is callbacks and how to configure it. They say this can occur with cisco devices. But I do not know what kind of device is needed?

The core of my problem is how to connect to the VPN server even without a data plan (no internet connection)?  or how to stay connected VPN, when a local ISP connection from my employees is disconnected? Now I want to ask to Cisco. Can my employees connected to the vpn with Cisco devices on VPN Server, even without a data plan (no internet connection) on SIM Card ? If this is possible, what kind of Cisco device needed ?

Please help and thanks before .

1 Reply 1

carlguer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

As far as I know you can't connect to a VPN without having internet connection.

To connecto the VPN you have to contact a public IP on the Internet, without Internet no connection will be made.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: