cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure IPsec Tunnel works, but receive many "Duplicate first packet detected" messages

Dustin Barnett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have successfully created an IPsec tunnel to the MS Azure platform using an ASA 5515 running 9.2(4). Seems to be working normally, traffic is flowing in both directions.

However every 2 minutes there are multiple Syslog ID 713202 "IP = x.x.x.x, Duplicate first packet detected. Ignoring packet."

The tunnel does not drop, pings reply and there are no renegotiation messages.

Is this typical for Azure or could there be a configuration issue somewhere? There are about 20 other tunnels on this equipment, only the azure tunnel shows the error.

I relied heavily on this documentation to setup: https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12704101/site-site-vpn-between-cisco-asa-and-microsoft-azure-virtual-network

Thanks,

Dustin

1 Reply 1

Dustin Barnett
Level 1
Level 1

Resetting the Azure Virtual Network Gateway seems to have resolved the issue.

I'm guessing the problem was caused be attempting to configure the tunnel multiple times.

Relevant powershell:

$vgw = Get-AzureRmVirtualNetworkGateway -ResourceGroupName <resource group name>
Reset-AzureRmVirtualNetworkGateway -VirtualNetworkGateway $vgw
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: