Views
Helpful
Replies

can anyone pelase help em with these questions. Thank you

mohsenali786
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just started my security plus class and my teacher has asked that every student turns this in.  i am not sure where to look because most of this isn't in the book and google has way too much information to sort through and on top of that i am not sure how much of that is accurate 

can anyone please help me understand/answer these questionsVPN and AnyConnectothjer

thank you so much  

Your IT Director calls you into his office to discuss remote networking, his concern is, that the company uses the lowest from of encryption for VPN. What is it?

After going over your findings on project #1; he now wants a recommendation for the strongest VPN encryption with a product name and cost.

After going over your findings on project #2; he now wants to add another form of authentication to the VPN encryption SSO that you recommended. You have to provide a product name and cost.

After going over your findings on project#3; recommend a hardware based encryption for all remote workers, a product name and cost.

After going over your findings on project#4; Your current website is using the lowest from of encryptions for HTTPS. What is it?

After going over your findings on project#5; Your current website is using the lowest from of encryptions for HTTPS. What would be the highest form of encryption to use.

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is home work. Tell us what you have so far and we will help you out. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Question #1

Your IT Director calls you into his office to discuss remote networking, his concern is, that the company uses the lowest from of encryption for VPN. What is it?

Answer #1:  40-bit encryption refers to a key size of forty bits, or five bytes, for symmetric encryption; this represents a relatively low level of security. A forty bit length corresponds to a total of 240 possible keys. Although this is a large number in human terms (about a trillion, nearly two hundred times the world's human population), it is possible to break this degree of encryption using a moderate amount of computing power in a brute-force attacki.e., trying out each possible key in turn

Question #2

After going over your findings on project #1; he now wants a recommendation for the strongest VPN encryption with a product name and cost.

Answer #2: 

Known as the Advanced Encryption Standard or AES

The price of full disk encryption: $232 per user, per year

i also read on google that for the strongest encryption some companies combined RSA and AES 

After going over your findings on project #2; he now wants to add another form of authentication to the VPN encryption SSO that you recommended. You have to provide a product name and cost.

Answer:   RSA SecurID Access

these are the only 3 i found so far we have 4 projects and it's a lot of digging information 

thank you 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mohsenali786 wrote:

i am not sure where to look because most of this isn't in the book

The answer to the questions CAN BE FOUND in Google.

@mohsenali786 wrote:

google has way too much information to sort through and on top of that i am not sure how much of that is accurate 

"way too much" also means one is too lazy to read through the information presented by Google.

I am with Dennis.  I'm not helping someone with very basic assignment like this.  

thank you.  You could have said all the answers are available on google just have to look for them.  and way to judge someone who is in the beginning course i am sure you were born with security plus certificate 

and don't worry people like you don't help anyway but they are quick to judge others and make comments 

but thank you for your help anyway.  Our teacher told us when we are in the field we will meet people like you so i am glad i met someone before 

@mohsenali786 wrote:

You could have said all the answers are available on google just have to look for them.

You did not know that Google have all the answers but you said "google has way too much information to sort through".

@mohsenali786 wrote:

and way to judge someone who is in the beginning course i am sure you were born with security plus certificate 

Unfortunately, we were born with none of the skills.  We worked tireless to get to where we are now.  We hit the books and learned.  We didn't have "Google" back then.  We paid our way to where we are now through blood, sweat and tears.

i am sorry if i came across rude or anything.  I appreciate your help and Guidance

Thank you i am looking on google and in my book the more i find i will post here just please let me know if i have the wrong information 

thank you

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your ability to effectively search for information, as well as digest the course's reading materials and reference documents, is part of the learning process. 

If somebody else answers all your homework questions, it's not your work then - it's called cheating. We in the Cisco community don't condone that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: