cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAN SOME ONE REPLY !!!! IS SSL VPN RVL 200 COMPITABLE WITH WINDOWS 7

vishalrvl200
Level 1
Level 1

I had posted my below message 10 days ago, i have had 53 views but not even one reply, what is the point of this forum if even Cisco site admin or tech people dont reply to discussion started for 10 days.....pls. can some one reply .....or does CISCO does not know themselves and are not bothered as they alreday sold the prodcut....

IS SSL VPN RVL 200 COMPITABLE WITH WINDOWS 7

I have LINKSYS / CISCO SSL VPN RVL 200

Serial Number :    DN0007A01177

Firmware version :    v1.1.7 (Jul 13 2007 11:08:56).

It was running fine with Windows visa.

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 and when I click on icon to establish SSL VPN tunel, it tries to load some softwrae and then

gives error "VIRTUAL PASSAGE ISNTALLED FAILED ERROR IN ISNTALING VIRTUAL PASSAGE ADAPTER".

Pls. can you help is this SSL VPN firwrae compitable with windows 7 and how I can run it with

windows 7 as my day to day work depends on it.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vishalrvl200 wrote:

I had posted my below message 10 days ago, i have had 53 views but not even one reply, what is the point of this forum if even Cisco site admin or tech people dont reply to discussion started for 10 days.....pls. can some one reply .....or does CISCO does not know themselves and are not bothered as they alreday sold the prodcut....

IS SSL VPN RVL 200 COMPITABLE WITH WINDOWS 7

I have LINKSYS / CISCO SSL VPN RVL 200

Serial Number :    DN0007A01177

Firmware version :    v1.1.7 (Jul 13 2007 11:08:56).

It was running fine with Windows visa.

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 and when I click on icon to establish SSL VPN tunel, it tries to load some softwrae and then

gives error "VIRTUAL PASSAGE ISNTALLED FAILED ERROR IN ISNTALING VIRTUAL PASSAGE ADAPTER".

Pls. can you help is this SSL VPN firwrae compitable with windows 7 and how I can run it with

windows 7 as my day to day work depends on it.

People generally only post if they can help so the fact that no one has posted suggests there is no solution. Also bear in mind that you are referring to linksys product and not a Cisco one and these forums don't generally deal with linksys devices even though Cisco now own linksys.

You are not the first person to have this trouble with windows 7. The linksys forums have a number of threads about it as well with no resolution. I don't work for Cisco so i't not up to me to defend them but what i would say is if it worked with XP and vista but not windows 7 does that not suggest it is a windows 7 issue rather than a linksys one ?

I haven't come across a solution for this at the moment but if your day to day work depends on this device would it not be worth downgrading from windows 7 or is there some functionality in that OS that you need ?

I'm not trying to be difficult honestly. These forums are an excellent place to resolve technical and design questions for the majority of Cisco kit but sometimes questions go unanswered because no one actually has an answer.

Jon

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dude,

We're all here as volunteers (+5 nicely put, Jon).  We don't get paid at all.  In my previous employer, if they see me posting solutions in this website, I'd get reprimanded.

If no one has responded to your post it's because there's a valid reason (or two).

As Jon said (+5 nicely put, Jon), yes, I for one don't know much about Linksys' product and this is mostly a Cisco-related technical support forum.  For Linksys technical support forum, try http://forums.linksysbycisco.com.

You can also look for previous post of your router:  http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/search?submitted=true&q=VPN+RVL+200

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: