cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get on the internet

laurabolda
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5510, running IOS ver. 7.0(8).  We just started to configure this ASA.   We use this ASA as a VPN and firewall.  The local computer (192.168.100.13) can't get on the internet.  From the ASA, I am able to to ping to this local computer 192.168.100.13 and Google IP address 66.102.7.104.  From the local computer (192.168.100.13), when I ping the outside interface of ASA and Google IP address, I got "Destination is unreachable".  Do you have any suggestions?  Attached is the config file.

Thanks.

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Some comments...

You cannot PING any interface of the ASA that is not the interface in which the traffic enters (this means computers on the inside can only PING the inside IP, and outside hosts can only PING the outside IP).

There's a STATIC NAT for 192.168.100.13

Can you PING 109.66.25.254 from the machine?

Is the default gateway for that computer, the inside IP of the ASA?

Try the above and let me know.

Federico.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Some comments...

You cannot PING any interface of the ASA that is not the interface in which the traffic enters (this means computers on the inside can only PING the inside IP, and outside hosts can only PING the outside IP).

There's a STATIC NAT for 192.168.100.13

Can you PING 109.66.25.254 from the machine?

Is the default gateway for that computer, the inside IP of the ASA?

Try the above and let me know.

Federico.

Thanks for your prompt response and info.   You solved my problem.  By putting the gateway ASA IP address, I was able to get to the internet.

Thanks.

Laura

Thank you Laura for your feedback.

Glad that it worked  ;-)

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: