Views
Helpful
Replies

Check traffic traversing an IOS router with VPN

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I have a VPN that is working between two sites I seem not to be able to allow an IP addres from Site A to Site B.

I dont have access to this server so i cant ping to check if am reaching the server i want to be dumping some files using secure FTP.

I know with a ASA you can check traffic that is travessing the firewall.

PC-A(10.1.2.10)==========SiteA(=========VPN=======)SiteB==========10.2.1.10(Server)

I would want to see the Traffic that is travessing exit router that is on Site A.
VPN is up other services are working am adding a new link.

I know its posible with ASA on the command line how can i check on IOS router?
i want to see the traffic from PC to the server.

on siteA traffic has been permited to traverse the VPN.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

What kind of VPN? VTI or Crypto Map?

Is it just a problem with this one server?

Can you not connect to the local router (the router on the same site as the server) and ping the server from the router? If that does not work, then the issue may not lie with the VPN. The server may have a local firewall turned on restricting your ability to ping.

You could run a packet capture on a router and review output, to confirm traffic is sent over the tunnel.

HTH

The VPN is working other services are accessing resources on Site B. Its a site to site IPSEC VPN tunnel that i have as stated i have other traffic working i took care of all access lists...

I would really love to see what is travessing my router i mean on a firewall one can do this anything i can do here?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: