Cisco 827 Jumpers

feanacar
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me what the jumpers, J7, J8, and J14

do on a Cisco 827?

I'm looking for a Hardware Reset to Factory Defaults

solution.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 Replies 9

feanacar
Level 1
Level 1

Aw, c'mon. Does not one of the Experts here know?

Oh well, maybe I should just "experiment" a bit...

:)

The most effective way to get back to the default settings is write erase, then power-cycle the router.

If you need to break into the router first because you have forgotten the password, here is the password recovery procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

I am not aware of any public document that tells you about the jumpers. In fact, the only document I could find that tells you to open the box is the one about upgrading the memory. But this does not mention the jumpers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_installation_guide09186a00800aff5f.html

I would be careful about experimenting the jumpers. You could, for example, end up deleting the bootstrap from flash - in which case I guess it really would be an "initial configuration".

Sorry I could not find any detail.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

I am stuck on the same question.

(after a ROMMON config-register operation, the output of my router is unreadable. So any comand are unusabe). What was the result of your experimentation?

Or does anymone have information about this?

:?

You got the serial setting screwed up. Do try speeds from 300 to 9600 in your terminal program one by one. When you see a fair amount of output coming out and you kind of type something, you got the right speed, start changing parity in term settings.

Thanks a lot!

My terminal speed was indeed set to 35400.

when I did try the righ number, I got everything in clear text :)

Hi to all,
I have received from a friend a router marked CISCO 827 because appear to be broken.
From my analisys seem that the PLD Altera EPM7128AETC100-7 could be corrupted inside because any communication ports (ethernet or serial console) talk with external peripherals. So I can't communicate by ethernet or serial console, and any reset procedure at startup have given any result.
All voltages and leds seem to be working fine, but before to trash it, I would like to try to re-program by Altera Jtag connector (J14) the PLD chip.
Another question is about the two jumper 3 ways in the electronic board as reference J7 and J8, could you explain me what about them ? I've looking all related documents available on your site but I've find nothing about them.
From my attachment are they in the regular position in standard working ?
The only big problem for me is that I am be able to register on CISCO site but when I want download the software I can't if I a reseller or others options. So
I ask something to send me these files if possible and all latest IOS or a link where is possible for me download they, as latest final test before to trash all.
Can you help me ?
In attachment some reference of the router above.
If you have something to send me please contact me to enricocoraatgmail.com before to send.
Regards,
Enrico Corà
Valdagno (Vi) - Italy

Fair value of a working 827 = $20. Is it worth to loose time with a broken one? I don't think so.

It's true that for the value you shoud be in reason suggesting to do not loose other time, but for something people enjoy also with little when can solve a

problem that appear unsolvable only programming the boards. I have all to do this but without firmware and software it's hard. So if you can help me it would be appreciated. At the end of games I don't know why Cisco cannot give me a software as final user...It's a very strange policy for me ! Expecially considering the actual value of the board.

For me it is now only a challenge to be able to win against the board. It's the last beach.

Cisco will not give the info and you need to get the software eligaly , I got 40Gb software not by cisco after they refused to help just search and you find . Jumper settings will never be given. If its  just 20usd to loose then just try. If you succeed just share the info :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: