Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect 4.6 and windows 10

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am currently test AC4.6 with windows 10 SOE. I got the VPN,NAM and ISE posture module installed.

Once the authentication is finished, the windows10 laptop opens a browser session (device security check) straightaway before the compliance check is completed.

I wonder what causes the browser session to be opened. Any inputs are appreciated.

regards

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Windows OS does Active probing whenever it detects network change. Windows automatic probe detects that there is a redirect and opens up a web page. This is useful in cases where the user is a hotel or a public wifi - further authentication may be required after a redirect. 

With Posture, there is a redirect phase after the initial authentication while the posture is being checked (Posture state Unknown). You can disable the probing using a registry key given in the MS document if you don't want that probe to be run.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-vista/cc766017(v=ws.10) 

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the explanation. The link you provided shows error 404 content not found?

is there anywhere i can look for it?

cheers

Hi Rahul,

Thanks. I am currently testing this with the windows guys and will get back to you.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: