Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect and RSA

exsitezet1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I need some advice, maybe someone will help me. I have such configuration as below,

cisco and rsa

when user works in LAN he has for example access to 2 resources: resource A and resource B.

What I want to achieve, when user connects to network through VPN I want to limit his access to one resource, ex. resource A.

In proces of authorization user is taken from LDAP (AD Windows 2012, I configured it on RSA).

I have RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 virtual appliance, Cisco ASA 5512,

Questions are, is it possible to limit this access? and if yes, where should I configure this access, on Cisco or on RSA?

best regards,

3 Replies 3

Kevin_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hi exsitezet1,

when I get you right, you have an ASA which is the VPN gateway for your VPN Clients (AnyConnect?).
If you want to restrict the access from the VPN clients to only special ressources in the internal network, you could do split-tunneling or permit/deny it via the normal firewall rules (when the VPN traffic is not bypassed the policy).

Hi kwolfgramm,

you are right, ASA is the VPN Gateway for AnyConnect clients. I'm not sure if I can restrict access in your way because user before access to the network first create VPN connection to Cisco, then is authorize in RSA with token, (on RSA user is taken from AD, it means that user is not local on RSA), when user is authorized through RSA, Cisco creates connection and user can log on to the internal network and has access to resources (A and B, first post) according to his domain permissions but I would like to restrict only to one resource, ex. resource A. Is it possible?

I can not definetely say if this is possible with this scenario (RSA/Token for VPN). 
But when the traffic goes through the ASA you normally should be able to restrict it by the normal access-rules. 
To test the split-tunneling you could check whether you can choose a split-tunneling list in the VPN group-policy options.

It is worth a try in my opinion (with a test user and test ruleset).