Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client Installation Error

omarali875
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community

I recently tried installing Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client on my Windows 10 Enterprise Machine in order to go through the sandbox labs. Unfortunately, I was unable to install the client. This is to mention here that I never previously installed any Cisco Software on this machine (as this is a fresh installation of Windows 10 enterprise on a new laptop). 

I receive the following error message (screenshot attached as well)

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

Now as this is an MSI installer package, I have tried doing the following:

1. No Local Group Policy prohibiting the Install
  2. Disabled all User-Elevation required for Install
  3. Tried Installing using Local administrator
  4. Tried Installing using Command prompt and Windows Power Shell (both in Admin mode)
  5. Tried fiddling with Windows registry by double checking that MSI installers are enabled

I have also spent hours on internet searching for the issue. I have tried almost everything on internet and still unable to install the client. Based on the Software release notes on the Cisco website, This product can run on Windows 10. 

Now, I am unable to comprehend whether its due to Enterprise edition of windows (which is least likely the problem as it seems to be, because Windows in not connected to any domain and thus does not have any Policy issues)

Could anyone please help me out in fixing it?

cheers

-Oa

P.S. I have also attached the MSI installer error logs

1 Reply 1

jimsander
Level 1
Level 1

Same.

jimsander_0-1680289617563.png