cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect VPN client issue.

sonitadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Please forgive me as I am not all that familiar with the AnyConnect client.

I have a client who uses this software to connect to a vendors site and then run a remote desktop for one specific application.  On the pc where the software is installed, there are several different user accounts.  All of the user accounts are local admins on the machine.

One user can bring up the AnyConnect client and login with no problem.  All other users cannot.

I have double checked permissions, verified everything is the same in the VPN client and even uninstalled, reinstalled directly for the vendors site.  Still continues with the same issue.  I have made sure that the site https://vpn.vendor.com is added to trusted sites, I've made sure that the security certificate is installed.  I'm not using any proxy software or client.

When I try to connect I just get a pop up that says the VPN connection could not be established.

I know this is not a whole lot to go on, but does anyone have any ideas on what I could be missing here?

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you connecting to an ASA firewall? ASA only comes with 2 SSL VPN license by default.

You might want to check the output of "show vpn-sessiondb summary" and also "show vpn-sessiondb svc" OR/ "show vpn-sessiondb webvpn" to see how many existing SSL connections you have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: