cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 - AnyConnect VPN multiple Connection Profiles?

Mike Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I use a Cisco ASA 5510 with the AnyConnect VPN for remote workers. Now we want to give access to a select group of consultants who only need access to one sever and block everything else.

I was thinking this could be done by creating a separate AnyConnect Connection Profile on the ASA. From that new connection will come a new GroupPolicy with a ACL to only allow access to the one system. That GroupPolicy will point to the Radius Server looking for an account in a specific MemberOf group.

My question is - Could you explain how the ASA knows what Connection Profile to use when a user tries to authenticate? Does it automatically hunt down each Connection Profile until there is a username match via RADIUS in the Connect Profile?

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MIchael,

there's several ways you can accomplish this. With 2 tunnel-groups (connection profiles in ASDM terminology) and 2 group-policies the Radius server can push the "group-lock" attribute to deny access if a user connects to the wrong group.

Alternatively, create just a single connection profile, and 2 group-policies. Then have the Radius server push the group-policy name in the Class (IETF #25) attribute.

Since you mention memberOf I presume your Radius is actually using an LDAP back-end? In that case you'll need to configure it map the memberOf LDAP attribute to the group-lock or class attribute somehow.

Another solution would be to have the ASA authenticate directly using LDAP and configuring an LDAP attribute map (on the ASA) to map the memberOf to a group-policy.

hth

Herbert