Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco ASA 5520

Hi Guys,

I have a problem that I'm hoping you will be able to help me with, I have done research and can't find anything relating to this issue.

I use a Cisco ASA 5520, I have a lot of remote VPN connections running of Cisco Client VPN not any connect.

The issue I am having is that every couple of weeks (sometimes a month) all the remote VPN connections on that ASA drops the connection and can't reconnect until I reboot the ASA.

Do you guys know of any solution for this?

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Rising star

Re: Cisco ASA 5520

- Well for starters , look at the currently installed software release, if it is rather old  , you may consider upgrading (e.g.).

M.

Beginner

Thank you for your advice but we are well aware we need to upgrade the software from Cisco VPN Client to Cisco AnyConnect but at the moment to make such a change isn't a feasible option and is planned in for project work.

Do we know of any way to prevent the VPN connection dropping? Or a way to reconnect the VPNs without having to reboot the ASA.

Rising star

- I was talking about the software version currently running on the ASA.  (not the remote-connecting clients)

M.