Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5520

ssmithfahey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a problem that I'm hoping you will be able to help me with, I have done research and can't find anything relating to this issue.

I use a Cisco ASA 5520, I have a lot of remote VPN connections running of Cisco Client VPN not any connect.

The issue I am having is that every couple of weeks (sometimes a month) all the remote VPN connections on that ASA drops the connection and can't reconnect until I reboot the ASA.

Do you guys know of any solution for this?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Well for starters , look at the currently installed software release, if it is rather old  , you may consider upgrading (e.g.).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for your advice but we are well aware we need to upgrade the software from Cisco VPN Client to Cisco AnyConnect but at the moment to make such a change isn't a feasible option and is planned in for project work.

Do we know of any way to prevent the VPN connection dropping? Or a way to reconnect the VPNs without having to reboot the ASA.

- I was talking about the software version currently running on the ASA.  (not the remote-connecting clients)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: