cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN 3002 to Cisco ASA 5505

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I want to remove a Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware client and replace it with a Cisco ASA 5505.  Is there a way to do this? I want to have the remote user and group authentication and no split tunneling.? 

Thanks for your help.

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure can.

Here is a sample configuration for ASA5505 acting as a remote hardware easy vpn client (like the VPN3002):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00808a61f4.shtml

If you don't want split tunneling, then I assume that it is in PAT/client mode instead of NEM mode as above sample configuration.

You can just change the "vpnclient mode network-extension-mode" to "vpnclient mode client-mode"

Hope this helps.

Hi all.  That seemed to do the trick  I have one more thing I need ot be able to do.  Since this is an network extension module, we are set up in a "homenetwork"-> Cisco VPN 3060 concentrator -> Internet -> Cisco ASA 5505 -> internal/remote network.  I would love to be able to web into the inside interface since that will always remain static.

Do I always have to web to the external souce or can we configure the internal interface to be access via the web instead?

Thank you and did I read this right, if we have network-externsion mode it is split tunnelled enabled?

Yes, with Network Extension Mode, you would be able to web into the inside interface.

You would need to configure the following:

management-access inside

http inside

jeffdaniel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need a Cisco VPN Client to run on my Apple Macbook Pro which is using OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). My current copy of VPN client states that it will not run on this version of OSX. I cannot find a copy on the Cisco webstie that is compatitlbe Apple OSX 10.6.8.

Can you offer any advise?

Thank you

Although this does not follow this string, you should be able to use the latest VPN client from Cisco.  We have many Mac OS X running 10.6.8 and the latest Cisco VPN client.  Hope this helps.  I am not sure where you are looking but it would be a 4.x version for 10.6.8.

dwane

Dwane

Thank you very much . Can you please direct me to where I can find this on the Cisco site? All i see are window capable and not Mac compatible.

Thanks again.

Jeff