cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client 4.6 problem

cisco_gavin
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco VPN Client 4.6 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server to connect to my coporate's VPN server. When double click the connection entry, it did not prompt me for username and password, There is no log generated, only got VPN client notification "reason401 An unregonized error ocurred while establishing VPN connection", Could you please give me any idea what probably caused the problem? During the installation and running, i already disable the anti-viruse and personal firewall software, Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Replies 2

vijay_sequeira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Do you get a validation failed for c:\winnt\system32\vsinit.dll (assuming standard installation) when the system is booted up , I had faced a similar problem (but for a workstation). This is what I did

Right click on vsinit.dll

Go to Digaital Signatures tab, select zone labs inc and click details.

Digital signatures detail window will pop up , Click view certificate

Certificate window will popup , click install certificate and follow the default options to install certficate.

I repeat this is to be tried only if you are getting "validation failed for c:/windows/system32/vsinit.ddl"

Regards

Vijay

Hi

Forgot to mention you will have to restart the machine after installing the certificate.

Regards

Vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: