Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client alternative for Windows Server 2003

theoldpro21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

From what I've read here, I get that the Cisco VPN Client is not meant for use on servers and I am wondering if anyone can offer an alternative.

I have an offsite webserver that has a MySQL Database with a PHP based front end to interface with the data. I also have an in-house Win XP machine that has Cold Fusion running on it. It interfaces with the same data through a VPN using the Cisco client.

I would like to move the Cold Fusion server to my Windows 2003 server, but I cannot use the Cisco client to connect the CF interface to the data, any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Paul Carco
Level 1
Level 1

An ASA 5505 configured as a ezvpn client that should work out well for this situation - at a cost of course.

Paul,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked out some of the reviews here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833120135

I don't think this unit would be a good fit as we have 30 or so users (I never mentioned that). In addition, most of the reviews were of the opinion that the interface was a bit challenging. I do not have any experience with Cisco routers/firewalls.

We already own a Sonicwall router/firewall so perhaps I should be contacting them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: