cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client Locking up PCs

brianmosher
Level 1
Level 1

We do some remote work for our customers and often have to use their VPN in order to connect to their systems. We have had no problem utilizing the Cisco VPN with some of our customers unti recently. We picked up another customer that uses the Sonicwall VPN. If I sign onto the Sonicwall client, sign off, and sign into the Cisco VPN client, at the point that it makes the connection, it completely locks up my users' PCs. It happens to all of them.

I've discovered that from a fresh boot, I can get on and off the Cisco VPN all day, but as soon as I utilize the Sonicwall VPN, and then return to the Cisco VPN, it locks up every time.

All of my machines are Windows 7 and are using the Cisco VPN Client Version 5.0.07.0290. Is this a known issue? And is there some solution to it. Having to reboot anytime someone needs to access a client on a Cisco VPN after using the Sonicwall VPN is really irritating.

Thanks,

Brian Mosher

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

After you "sign off" Sonicwall VPN, can you check if there is any sonicwall process still running in backend by using task manager?

If yes, terminate them and then try Cisco VPN.

You might need exit the sonicwall vpn client totally.

Ah! That was it. Even when closing out of the Sonicwall connection it still runs a process in the background. Killing that and then connecting to the Cisco client works fine. Thank you so much! That was really getting on my nerves.