cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client Release 5.0.06, Windows 7 3G not supported | Is there a workaround?

Jeff.Hofmann
Level 1
Level 1

I can successfully connect, but cannot ping devices over the Cisco VPN client using 3g on Windows 7. The Cisco VPN client works fine over ethernet or wifi, just not 3G/EDGE/HSDPA. I have tried connecting via AT&T and T-MOBILE.

The release notes for Cisco VPN Client 5.0.06 state: The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices (also called wireless data cards).

Is there a workaround in order to reach devices over VPN using 3g on windows 7?

32 Replies 32

Hi Devin,

Mine seem to have the exact situation you are having now. There is running on Win 7 64-bit, using Cisco VPN Client version 5.0.07.0440 with in-built 3G card (sorry i dont have the exact model number now).

I thought I have fixed it by performing the exact "fix" using 1) winfix, followed by DNEupdate64 and finally installing Cisco VPN client. I can ping/access the remote destination without any issues.

Finally, I did a clone (ghost) image and started to deploy the images to other same laptops.... it didnt work again....

arrrgg.....

Anyone ... any idea??

Hi

In my case just installing ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate64.msi for 64-bit and restarting my laptop (Win7 64bits) as requested by installation solved my problem.

Thank you very much Kamer

APatotski
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to use Cisco VPN Client with WIndows 8 (64 bit) and get the problem with 3G modem (HUAWEI E1550). The installation of DNE update lead to other problem - windows is getting a blue screen (BSOD) when the traffic is transmited over 3G modem. Changing the driver version was not solved the problem. Ocationaly I have tried to replace Windows 7 driver of the modem by the Windows Vista driver and the problem is resolved !!!

With Windows Vista driver the 3G connection is not longer looks like a broad band connection - now it is looks like Ethernet connection. So the solution is to use  DNE update and Windows Vista driver for 3G.