cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco vpn client

elnurh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have some issue  with cisco vpn client on windows 7 64-bit.  I have successfully  connect to vpn server, can do the ping the needed  server in lan can connect to him via telnet to check connection but when I to try realy connect via ssh  via many different software, They  was try  to establish connection and after some timeout write that connection was closed.  In which direction I need to go to find solution for this issue from Linux connection via  ssh has no  problem.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks all

5 Replies 5

What device is being used as a VPN server?

So you are able to ping the server you are trying to connect to, and you are also able to do a telnet to check if the port is open from CMD? (for example telnet 10.10.10.10 22)

Could you also provide a network diagram as to how this is set up?

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

I was write it above that after connection, I can ping the server  and can connect to the server port check via telnet  but in really cannot connect via ssh why ????

have you checked the logs in ASA to see if there is a drop?  You could also set up a packet capture to see if traffic is passing to and from the server. change the interface name and add server IP as needed.

cap capin interface inside match tcp host <server IP> 22 any

cap capin interface inside match tcp any host <server IP> 22

show cap capin

--

--

the issue is that  I have no connection only via ssh only to one host that is console for connection network devices via console. Another ports to connect is working. This happened only when I connected to  my oofice vpn? for another vpn everything is work perfect. In which direction  I must  look for ?

Is this an ASA or IOS device that the VPN is terminating to?

Is split-tunneling configured for the VPN? if yes, have you added the other subnets and IPs, that you need to access over the VPN, to the split tunnel ACL?  

Is there a firewall in the path between the VPN server and the PCs you are trying to reach? if yes, have you allowed the traffic in your firewall?

--

--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: