Views
Helpful
Replies

Client VPN for ISR 4331

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've recently replaced an 1801 with an ISR4331.  I previously had a PPTP VPN set up for occasional remote access to a server inside the network while not at the site from laptops or mobile phones.  I have copied the config across to the new router and while the VPN will establish I'm unable to send any traffic across it.

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group pptpvpn
 ! Default L2TP VPDN group
 ! Default PPTP VPDN group
 accept-dialin
  protocol any
  virtual-template 10

interface Loopback4
 ip address 10.0.2.129 255.255.255.255

ip local pool VPN-POOL 10.0.2.130 10.0.2.142

interface Virtual-Template10
 ip unnumbered Loopback4
 zone-member security inside
 peer default ip address pool VPN-POOL
 no keepalive
 ppp encrypt mppe auto required
 ppp authentication chap ms-chap-v2 VPN-Auth

After some searching I can see suggestions that PPTP is not supported on the ISR 4K, I am also getting the following error during set-up.

%FMANRP_ESS-4-FULLVAI: Session creation failed due to Full Virtual-Access Interfaces not being supported. Check that all applied Virtual-Template and RADIUS features support Virtual-Access sub-interfaces.

I am not really looking for a super secure/complex solution involving 3rd party applications, have I missed something obvious or do I need to look for an alternative?

Thanks

Paul

4 Replies 4

Did you solve the issue?

No I didnt manage to get anywhere with it and there was no reply in here sadly.

Please try to delete the next line in virtual template declaration:

ppp encrypt mppe auto required

and for the records, I have succeeded with my L2TP VPN configuration after enabling APPXK9 feature in evaluation mode.

After some time away from this issue I managed to get the appx trial sorted out however I'm still not able to get traffic across a VPN.

If mppe encryption is enabled the router logs an error saying full virtual-interfaces are not supported.  If I remove that the session comes up and I can see traffic passing (via an ACL) however it doesn't seem to reach the client device.