Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless SSL RDP Plugin Issues with Java 1.7 update 45

djlombardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

It appears the latest Java update (1.7 Update 45) has caused some issues with the Cisco RDP plugin for Clientless SSL VPN.

When attempting to run the plugin to connect to a host, the following error message is receieved:

java-rdp-error-edit.png

I believe this may be because the plugin is unsigned which on the previous version of Java seemed to cause pop-ups prior to running. This error seems to occur in both IE and Firefox. The OS is Windows 7.

I can confirm that the previous version of Java (1.7 Update 25) worked OK with this plugin apart from the warning mentioned above.

Does anybody know of a work around or a fix for this? Does Cisco have to update their plugin for this to work on the latest Java version?

Regards

David

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Here is another discussion about this subject.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2246672?tstart=0

I could not get this to work after the update for me and had to try with Java SE 6 Update 45

I have not yet had the time test some things suggested in the other thread. I even had problems with the Java SE 7 Update 25.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the reply. From the thread you linked:

The workaround posted in the Cisco  Bug is to uncheck the setting "Keep temporary files on my computer"  which is found in the Java Control Panel under the General Tab /  Temporary Internet Files / Settings ...

This workaround has worked for me with Jave 7 Update 45 on both PC and Mac.

I've just tested this and it has resolved the issue for me.

Thanks!

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: