Helpful
Replies

Clientless SSL VPN ASA

rjamgotre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco World,

Can you please help me out here...

I have sucessfully configured the Clientless SSL VPN on my CISCO ASA 8.0(4) firewall using the ADSM 6.1(5)57... I can logon using LDAP authentication binded to AD. When using the CIF function I get an error message "Error Contacting Host"

in bookmarks:

chose CIFS:// with a value \\SERVER\SHARE\ when I click on this from the VPN screen once logged in, I get another screen for authentication, I re-enter my username/password and get "Error Contacting Host"

I changed the bookmark:

chose CIFS:// changed value to \\SERVER\ now when I login I get the shared folder list on the SERVER but when I click on the respective shared folder, I get "Error Contacting Host"

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ?????

ATTACHED IS THE SCREEN SHOT/DUMP?

9 Replies 9

rahgovin
Level 4
Level 4

Does the shared folders have spaces in the names? The bug CSCsw63453 might be relevant for your version. Also there are other cifs bugs in the version that you are running. Could you try the same with the fixed codes of this bug if it is relevant to you.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsw63453

Hi Rahul,

The shared folders have spaces in the sub folder names but only after clicking on the main shared folder, check the main picture attachment.

SHARE - Common has sub folders that contain spaces...

I will check the URL you sent and advise further...

Thanks

Ravinder

Can you try accessing a share that does not have any spaces and see if you are seeing this problem or not?

Hi Rahul,

Same issue... does not matter which share is clicked... error message "Error Contacting Host" appears.

Thanks

Ravinder

HI Rahul,

I get a message to say that I am not authorised to visit the URL you sent?

Can you assist please?

Thanks

Ravinder

Guess that defect is not relevant then. Can you access the same shares when you connect to the ASA via a client? This is to isolate if it a webvpn issue or not.

Also as mentioned before there are a few issues with cifs on the code that you are running. If you can afford an upgrade, I would suggest to to try with 8.2x code and test the same.

Rahul,

Where do I obtain the client from?

Also affordability to a new version is not possible, surely this protocol works, as there are many organisations that are using this.

Ravinder

Hi Rahul,

Have you got more information for me regarding the ClientLess VPN issues I am having please?

Thanks

Ravinder

Hello,

I have an environment with this same problem (error contacting host).

Were you able to resolve this folder sharing problem, across access VPN SSL?

Version:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.4(4)18
Device Manager Version 7.8(1)150

I need help this question.

Best regards,

Franciele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: