cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to VPN through AT&T Hotspot

carolinalds
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm in desperate need of help. I live in the country and the only Internet we have available to us is via Satellite. I work from home and I can connect to work with Cisco VPN just fine, the problem is that it is very slow and if the weather is bad, then forget it!!

Just a little over a month ago somone told me about AT&T G4 Hotspot, we decided to give it a try and the difference in speed is night and day!!! The Internet is so much faster with the Hotspot and it works just fine, except when I connect to work through VPN, it keeps disconnecting me every 2 to 5 minutes.   It is pretty annoying and I would rather have the speed of the Hotspot versus the Satellite, but I cannot work getting disconnected so often. Is there something that can be done to fix this problem?? If it helps, I have Windows XP, I cannot upgrade because the program we use for work only works with Windows XP. Please help????      

Thank you for any help!           

4 Replies 4

juaherre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carolina,

Could you post the logs of the VPN client you can enable this  under the tab call "log" on the ipsec client  (remember to put on level 3 the log settings) to see why you are getting disconnected. Also if is possible you can change the transport  mode of the VPN client to use IPSEC over TCP instead of IPSEC over UDP, you can do this if you select the connection profile and select modify and go to the transport tab. Remember if you are going to enable IPSEC over TCP you will need to enable this option on the VPN server.

OMG Juan, I'm so sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about or how to get the info you are asking.

Don't worry about it here are some screenshoots let's get the logs from the VPN client first

1-go to the tab call "log"

2-click on "log settings"

3-on this menu put everything on level 3 and click on ok

4-click on enable

5-try to connect and copy/paste the output that you will see on the log tab  when you get disconnected here in the forum

Hmm, the version I have is 2.5.3054 and when I click on the Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client, the only tabs I see are "Connection" "Statistics" and "About".